Thursday, August 1, 2019

Women World Cup 2019...or Mama Waterworks 2019...as my kids call it

Well - the day we waited for and then prayed for all came together. The US in the Women World Cup...and were there. It. was. incredible.

We woke, I ran, we went to get lunch...and then I realized the plan...to the wrong stadium...oops...

By sheer fate...or Uncle Andrew grace...we found a cap that managed to be creative and take all six of us.

And from there....SURREAL.

Every seventh person was from Oregon and wearing Thorns wear.

The energy was surreal.

The team we love was there.

I  may have cried every 20 minutes just for the moment.

When they scored the first goal, we nearly lost it.

My favorite moment was at the end when the Fifa president was announced and the ENTIRE stadium...including my 14 year old son, 11 year old daughter and 8 year old son...and 72 year old dad were chanting equal pay.

Again...I cried.

Per Frances rules, we didn't leave until the last player left the field.

Once in a lifetime.




















No comments: