Sunday, June 4, 2017

Starlight Run

Henry wanted to run a race with me. I will never forget the first race I got to run with my dad. I felt so grown up and mature and it was so exhilarating. We picked the Startlight Run as it was only a 5K and supposed to fun. We trained for it, and honestly, that was one of my favorite parts. We had lots of fun conversations on our training runs -- can't believe we are at this phase of our relationship.

The run was SO fun. You run the parade course, so they estimate that 200K people are watching and cheering for you. How brilliant is that?

I am so proud of him!! He finished, never walked, and ran an 8 minute mile.

We ran into one of his favorite teachers at his school, who had sponsored a running club to do the race.

So. Much. Fun.









No comments: