Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bridge of the Goddess

Bridge of the Gods is one my favorite places on earth. I find it magical. I had wanted to have our wedding out there - but then the drive back to Portland and people drinking and driving scared me. That said - when Run Paula Run said they were going to do a run there, I was ALL in. I trained, but then got pneumonia - which slightly kicked my ass. In Hood River my sister and I had a INCREDIBLE and awesome long run and during which she mentioned how hilly the race must be...oh yes...should probably check the course. Oh nelly.  All I could think about was how much fun the long run had been with my sister, how the miles flew by, and how I wish we could do it together - but she didn't think she could swing flying back in town. Fast forward to Thursday - two days before the race - and my sister calls to say that she is flying down from Alaska to get a dog and wants to run. YAHOO!. TOP TEN RACE! Great weather, gorgeous course, and my sister there! The cherry on top was my dad was our cheerleader. Running Heaven. 








No comments: