Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa Baby


We were going to skip going to see Santa this year. Every year one of our kids hysterically cries, everyone stares at us, and I wonder - why the heck do I force my children to do this? (Example: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjsd1jtvn5580V8WNSyTk5W1X4KXWaoVcpTDZOySajJsV27lArxJqrkj0xvxvNZJvJzt8Z9mG4sqnSz3ct5LEAOdN5_fanbWRk5YKyD4UecF4TqiiK5cqq6wQQk5FBsw9tPEPmCLMK9fbu8/s1600-h/DSCN0726.JPG)

That said, Henry and Francie have asked every night when we are going to see Santa. Last night, at dinner, Francie was talking about how much she loved him and wanted to sit on his lap.

Alrighty then...we will go.

On our walk there all Francie could talk about was how much she loved Santa. Henry brought his list in case Santa didn't get my email or the elves wanted to see his handwriting. We waited in line. Francie was starting to get nervous....wanted to be picked up.....our turn came....and she declared "I DON'T LIKE SANTA". Yup....back to square one. I decided that rather than put her in his lap and see her cry, I would just sit next to Santa and get it done. Henry LOVED him. They talked for a while and made a few small deals. When Santa asked Francie a question...he got the Francie scowl. Finally at the end, she was willing to give Santa a high-five.....in exchange for a coloring book.

Next year?

No comments: