Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stranded in the Balkans

For those of you who have not heard I am currently stuck in Montenegro..... On the last night of our trip my passport disappeared somewhere between the US Embassy and our hotel. After a frantic search for my passport that lasted most of the night I missed my plane ride home. So now I need to get a temporary passport from the Embassy. Unfortunately the country is so small the do not yet have a Consulate so the paperwork needs to be sent to Serbia and returned to Montenegro. I am told this could take 4 days. I have a meeting at the Embassy on Monday morning and will know more then.


So I am really missing Colleen, Henry and Francie. Luckily, I have a laptop and a high-speed internet connection so I will be able to keep in touch and do some work while I am here. I think Colleen is jealous that I am going to get unintrupted sleep. Thanks to Itunes I have also been able to rent movies saving me from CNN and BBC World.


This is the view from the top of my hotel. Very large concrete apartment buildings.

2 comments:

THE BLANCO'S said...

OMG! How Crazy! Sounds like the beginning plot of a movie...I hope all works out soon!

The Wells Family Antics said...

Wait Mark, are you a Reuland or a Peck??????