Saturday, January 19, 2013

Best in Show

If you have been around Maggie when she sees a dog, you know that it is a hilarious experience. She LOVES dogs. I mean LOVES, LOVES, LOVES dogs. The kids both had basketball at 2:00 today and then we did a bunch of errands. On the drive back to our house I remembered that I had read about the Best in Show Dog Show at the Expo center. The force of the dogs...and Maggie seeing the dogs.....compelled me to drive by my exit and make an impromptu adventure to the Dog Show. We got there for the last hour -- didn't have to pay for parking or the show...and had THE BEST time. My cheeks hurt from smiling. Pictures don't do it justice. The only slightly bad/comical part is I noticed two people that gave me kind of dirty looks. I thought it was, in general, because I was there - alone - with three kids. Later, I realized (because someone said it under their breath) that  Maggie had a shirt on with a cat on it. I laughed out loud. Please note editorial comments below.....again, pictures do NOT do this justice. This will be annual Reuland Family adventure from this point forward.

1) Maggie's face every time a dog was presented. She also yelled "Doggie".....EVERYTIME

 2) This women kept the comb for her dog's hair ... in her hair.....she would comb the dog, and then tuck it in her hair. I was in awe the first time I saw it....only to observe that this is somewhat standard.


3) My favorite category of dog was the "Herding" category

 4) My favorite dog. Again, the picture doesn't do his fro justice.


5) Maggie walked over to a complete stranger to note the poodles on her vest. 

6) The cat shirt......next year, it will be doggies.

7) How LONG does it take to do this hair?

7) Best in show....HOLLA

1 comment:

jwhehl said...

A CAT shirt Colleen......