Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun with Francie

I feel like I have been walking around in a bit of a fog since we lost Riley, but thankfully with kids they always make sure that you still have fun.

Francie has been particularly hysterical. This morning she had her first swim lesson, so she got brand new goggles........and then insisted on wearing them all day. Yes...a little a "Benny and Joon"ish...but what the heck. Then this afternoon she was DONE with March Madness. I was giving her options...hike, puzzles, play soccer, and after multiple "NO!", I threw out "Go get mom's nails done" and she jumped up and said "YES!". No joke. She didn't want to get her nails done...but she wanted a girls date. She yelled to Mark "NO BOYS ALLOWED". You tell em Francie. We had fun. She was scared for the first ten minutes but then she warmed up and said "that was fun!" when we left. Who knew?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE it. Can't wait to see the two of you (and Henry and Mark, of course) in a few days!

dana z said...

That is AWESOME. You should've called me. I totally would watch you get your nails done.
:)