Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sweet Six Year Old

Our sweet boy turned six years old. Officially, a number that requires two hands. He had a great birthday...starting off with lots of balloons downstairs. We had a breakfast celebration, at school he got to wear a crown all day, and then birthday dinner at my parents house with Gordon and Gertie. The boy scored....Magic Tree House books, Math books (our son sneaks math workbooks into bed at night....I know...a bit odd), tshirts, corn hole game (yes...the tail gate game...he loves it), golf clubs! and so much more. One of his (and mine) favorite presents was Mark's mom sent a book of riddles that Mark adored when he was Henry's age. So cool. Since they are two peas in a pod, of course Henry LOVES everything about the book that I am sure Mark loved.

I left work early and picked him up from school and we had a solo date. On the way home, I got really teary eyed. Six years ago I could not have imagined that the little baby I was holding in my arms and falling in love with would grow up to be this incredible, thoughtful, smart, funny and kind little boy. We feel so blessed to have him in our life.

3 comments:

The Wells Family Antics said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!!!

Grammy Kris said...

Henry, did your daddy remember all the answers to the riddles? So glad you had a wonderful 6th birthday.

dana z said...

Happy Birthday Henry - you rock!