Saturday, January 8, 2011

Midway Museum and January 3rd



We were in San Diego because Andrew's godmother (my Aunt Pat) had a wonderful party in his memory on January 3rd as that was the 10 year anniversary of my brother's death. I didn't realize how hard it would being in San Diego would be for me. When we lived there, my sisters went to college, so I have a lot of memories with just Andrew there and I haven't really processed them in the same way that I have processes old stomping grounds here in Portland. It was so poignant to me that there was this person that I had a shared history with and wanted to reminisce with....who wasn't there. Sucks.

During the day, we went to a "floating museum" - a goal for Henry - called the Midway Museum. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would and the views and the kids smiles were a perfect balance to the sadness we were all feeling on the inside.

2 comments:

The Wells Family Antics said...

LOVE YOU!!!

dana z said...

I adore the first picture of Francie running - I'm amazed you can even get her in frame. Go Francie!