Monday, July 26, 2010

Plate & Pitchfork

Portland is all about eating local and celebrating local chefs -- people get crazy about it. There is this dinner series called Plate & Pitchfork that pairs local chefs with local wineries and hosts a dinner at a local farm. The past two years I have tried to get in... but they sell out in the first hour. This year, I was prepared. The day they send out the email that reservations were open I had my blackberry attached at my hip. Chance had it that it "opened" when I was working at Henry's preschool. I promptly told the teacher I had to interupt class and get on her computer...nummy food was at stake. We got in & last night we went to our dinner. It was SO good and so lovely to be sitting on the farm grounds from which the food we ate was grown. It was also humbling to be sitting in over 90 degree weather and watch chefs go to work...wowzers. Needless to say, I was "glowing" (aka dripping in sweat). It was an awesome night with good friends....who cared if we smelled like the cows in the field by the end of the night.

No comments: