Monday, July 26, 2010

Aloha San Diego




Last weekend we went to San Diego to visit friends and family. When we arrived...we went straight to old town for mexican food and Francie fell in love with a guitar....so we bought it....she spent the rest of the trip seranading people. We stayed with my friend Nancy, who have known my entire life (her mom went to college with Joanie) and her family. Her boys are ADORABLE....and their house felt like a lodge. We went to the amazing zoo...and then had to leave early as it was over a 100 degrees and our Oregonian bodies were hurting. Friday night we went to Aunt Pats house and had the best time catching up...those girls make me giggle. We tried to get a picture of oldest to youngest....but Francie wouldn't play along...above is my attempt to get her to sit on my lap...didn't work.
Saturday am Mark had to run 18 miles (he is training for the marathon), so Francie and I dropped him off and then drove halfway and ran and met him to give him water (Nancy took Henry to the aquarium...in a rush of independence he dressed himself while I was gone and wore a jersey...with shirt underneath...go homie). Running in SD was a slightly different experience than here. Then at night we went to a retirement party for my cousin Cindy and got to see all the Peck family. It was SO MUCH fun. IN fact, I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures. Grr.... I didn't even get one with one of my favorite cousins Jason and his family..so sad. On the flight home Henry told me that he loved California, but he wanted to get home...he missed the Oregon water to drink. Classic.

No comments: