Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good Day

Thought I would update everyone. Gordon is doing well. He is off the respirator and already looks better (he has red in his cheeks!). He is alert and thankful he made it through, grateful for the heart, and ready to fight to the fight. The staff at OHSU have been great.

They are asking us to keep the kids from being there too much given that they could pass something on to him. Both developed a cough after visiting yesterday, so we are going to steer clear to be better safe than sorry.

Because Mark was at the hospital, I took both kids to the Blazer game tonight. Hysterical. Henry made sure to wear his Oden jersey and then INSISTED that I get one for Francie. She now has a Rudy jersey (I will take pictures tomorrow). Aside from the slight scene I made trying to get two kids, three plates of food, my diaper bag, and Francie's "baby" into our seats, it went relatively well. Francie loved everything about it. Everytime they played the music to get people to cheer she thought it meant it was time for a dance party and she proceeded to head bang and crack people up around her. Henry was very focused on getting down the "new numbers" on the team. For those of you who don't know, Henry knows all the players numbers by heart. When I told him that Andre Miller picked "24", the first thing he said was "that is Kobe". (Yes, a little rain main-ish). Having three new numbers on the team threw him a bit, but I think he has it all set and is ready for the season. Go Blazers.

No comments: