Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wheels Keep on Turning





On Saturday's Mark takes Francie to a music class so that they can have some dad/daughter time and Henry and I go on a date. Last Sat we were walking to lunch and Henry looked into a bike store and said "That looks interesting, I might want to try that." Now those of you that know Henry, know that the kid is VERY, VERY CAUTIOUS and therefore the whole bike thing has been a "no go" for a long time. So...when I heard this...I jumped. We went into the store and after some tears caused by people "staring at me, I can't do it", I finally found a corner of the shop and got him to sit on the seat. Next thing I knew, he was biking around the store and filling the hearts of EVERYONE in the store with his excited giggle. It was a priceless moment. I bought the bike on the spot - no research, no idea whether it was too much or not, I just did it. Mark was a little annoyed, I guess the whole buying the bike thing is supposed to be a well-thought out family event. Oops. I reasoned with him that the black and purple bike with spiders could easily be converted to Francie's bike with some stickers...so I was investing in our children's physical activity.



3 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE IT! Love it, love it.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I'm sure Francie will be on that bike not too soon after Henry!

THE BLANCO'S said...

I cannot believe he is 4...he nearly looks 10 on that big boy bike! Yay Henry!