Sunday, May 3, 2009

Big Steps

Not to be outdone by her brother's recent "firsts", Miss Francie has decided to walk. She has been doing a lot of cruising and casual walks - 1 or 2 steps - between furniture. However, this morning something clicked. I was in Baltimore Friday-Saturday and was so excited to wake up and hang with the kids this morning. While we were playing - as if she had been doing it all along - she walked 7 steps to me. I nearly died. Thank god she waited "to do" such a first when I was back in town. She is very proud of herself (as are we!!)...but she also has already hit her head (as you see at the end of the video....TORTURE) many times and I see many a bruised eye in our future. Would it be too much to make her wear a helmet?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

what a BIG girl...could you just die!!! What FUN!!

Grammy Kris said...

Oh, Francie, the places you'll go! Life will never be the same - for you and for your mommy and daddy.

Unknown said...

I'm glad she waited for you! :) How exciting!