Saturday, January 6, 2018

Christmas with Family

We then had Christmas with family. We tried to do no presents...but no one could resist small presents. My mom got all her girls the same cookbook...and then got one for herself...even though she doesn't run. Frances's boy american girl doll I had sent to their house, so she got it there. We made the BEST book for my parents -- it was pictures and stories from each grandkid about their favorite memories of grandma and papa and what they admire about them. I cried making the book and I cried watching my parents read the book. Brian managed to play an hour of shopkins with Maggie...he amazes me. It was a joyful night with an incredibly family and I am just so thankful. I adore all those kids being in one house and spending time with each one was my favorite present. The only bittersweet part was the constant tug on my heart that Andrew wasn't there. He would have loved it and those kids would have adored him.













No comments: