Saturday, January 28, 2017

SO PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of Him

Henry goes to a school with over a thousand kids. Every month they have an all school assembly in which they focus on a theme for the  month and one word. Before the assembly the principal asks the teachers to identify 5 kids from each grade - so 15 total - that represent that word. 

This month the word is COMPASSION.

Henry was chosen as a child who represents that value often. 

He was called up in front the whole school to be acknowledged. 

In classic Henry fashion, he didn't think it was that big of a deal and when he got home he didn't tell me about it. It was only at night when I was putting him to bed that he remembered and told me. I  may have cried. I may have told him that I am not sure I have ever been so proud. Those are the things I hope for my children -- that they are kind and considerate - that they are good human beings. Grades, sports, all the rest of it is nice..but the quality of their character is what I am concerned with. I am so proud of him and so honored to be his mama. I learn from him daily about how to be a good person and it sounds like others do as well.

No comments: