Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rock Star Concert





You know how sometimes your kids have a soundtrack running through their head? They will be building something with legos and you can hear them humming a song? Well....since last Fall....Frances's song has been "Soul Sister" by Train.  So, when I saw that they were coming to Edgefield, I had to buy tickets.  The concert was awesome. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast. The only thing they didn't like was waiting in line... to get in...to get food....to go pee....but I explained that this was part of the life of a real rock star, so they bucked up. The opening acts were incredible. A person sitting next to us was so excited to see how elated the kids were that she gave us her tickets to the reserved section. So, when it was Train's time on stage we went up to the front. I worried that maybe Train wasn't going to sing Soul Sister and we were about to call uncle and go home - and then they played it. I must admit, I didn't really see any of the band singing but watch the magical spark in my sweet kids eyes. They were elated. A top ten parenting moment.

1 comment:

Muhammad Shakeel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.