Friday, May 11, 2012

Turks and Caicos + College Friends = Heaven








Last May (2011)when I was BIG and waddling pregnant my college girlfriends had the BRILLIANT idea of getting together....in Turks and Caicos...in May 2012. I said yes before I even knew where T and C was located. 


When I told Mark., he said " you are going to leave me with three kids?". I forgot that me being pregnant meant that indeed, in a year, we would have three kids. Oops.  As the trip neared I feared leaving Maggie given that I am still nursing....and then my INCREDIBLE mom offered to come and take care of Maggie. Problem solved.


This last week we finally made the voyage to the Caribbean.  Holy moly beautiful. 


Five days with thirteen women in an idyllic setting.  When people have asked me how it went the best way for me to describe it is that every single night when I went to bed, my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. I knew I had an incredible college experience at the time, but in reuniting with my friends, I am astounded by the incredible people that I had fortune to meet and that will be in my life forever.  They are smart, funny, thoughtful, kind, HILARIOUS, outgoing, unique and so much more.  Per the girl rules for the trip, I am only posting a couple of group-approved pics from our dinner night out.  What happens in Turks stays in Turks......


Maggie was a SUPER trooper and amazing traveler. She loved the Caribbean and is my first child to like sand and water at young age. She also LOVED the Caribbean men...like I wanted to take one of them home with us to be our babysitter. 


I am so thankful to my mom for supporting me through coming and to Mark for holding down the fort and taking the kids on many special adventures during my absence.


I am feeling pretty grateful for my life. Bring on the next trip in 2014!!!













No comments: