Sunday, July 3, 2011

Maggie Meets the Beach

We came down to the beach house for the 4th of July weekend.

Packing the car and getting everyone ready was really the first time that it hit me that three kids is going to be a bit harder than two -- holy moly the amount of stuff that needs to be packed. I am quickly realizing that I think we may need a new car....the Pacifica is not cutting it....and I fear a mini-van or suburban may be in our future. That said, we finally got the kids in the car..ready to take a nap...baby fed....and the battery was dead. No joke. After resolving that issue, we finally got the on the freeway only to get stuck in horrific traffic...which made the car stop...which made Maggie and Francie wake up...which forced us to pull over into a farm so I could nurse Maggie...seriously, classic Griswald. The farmer came out and asked if we were ok...only to see me bearing my chest...classy. Mark and I reached the point where we thought everything was hilarious.

That said, when we got here -- it was magical. The sun was out and the kids and we were in heaven. After dinner, we decided it was time for Maggie to meet the beach. We think she liked it. Hopefully so, as we plan to spend a big part of our summer here. Me likie maternity leave....

Check out Joanie's version of "holding the baby" while she checks her Facebook.

1 comment:

Samantha.Simmons said...

Please.. please... a suburban.