Thursday, June 23, 2011

Maggie Meets the Cousins and Gertie






Jenny and the kids came down to visit for a week. I was SO excited for Mary to meet Maggie has she had sent me a list of the reasons why I should have a girl, instead of a boy. Mary was very aware that given this child was the ninth grandchild and there are already four boys and four girls, that this child would be the tie-breaker and she wanted to make sure I was well-informed of the implications. She sent the list when I was four months pregnant and she was honestly one of the first people I thought of when I found out the baby was a girl.

Gertie has been anxiously awaiting this baby's arrival -- teasingly saying it was helping her to "hang on". Mind you, Gertie is 93. She was pretty enamored with her upon arrival and Maggie caused quite a stir in the Active Living Center that Gertie lives in -- I basically had to spend 20 minutes in the lobby while basically the entire place came down and took a peek at the four day old baby. When people asked Francie the name of her big sister, her reply - "Henry". One track mind.

No comments: