Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day 2011




Good ole mothers day....a day when I get to sleep in. This morning particularly started great because when I finally got up, Brooke & Josh were at our house and we got to hang out. They move to Portland this summer and we are counting down the days. As is Murphy's law...the kids were particularly "trying" today....so....I chose to give myself the mother's day gift of leaving the house and getting a break. Thank you Mark for that best gift of all! We had dinner with my mom and grandma and dad. I have to say, Mother's Day still feels more about my mom to me. The older I get, the more I appreciate her and the unconditional love that she gave me throughout my life. I feel blessed to not only love my mom, but to genuinely like her. I bought her a mug that perfectly summarized how I feel about my mom -- even if she wasn't my mom, I would want to be friends with her.

No comments: