Saturday, December 6, 2008

Reuland/Griswald Saturday


Today was classic Reuland/Griswald. We had a family photo shoot today for Christmas cards. Given that Henry is not a fan of posing for the camera (seriously...if you ask him to smile for a picture, forget about it) I decided to make the morning fun-filled so that he might go with the plan. After playing an hour of basketball with him I decided to bring up the photo shoot and that he would need to wear one of the shirts I bought him. That is when it got a little hairy...right now he will only wear shirts with numbers...two numbers. After that struggle was over I went to get Francie dressed only to realize that the awesome Christmas dress I bought Francie yesterday (yes...last night..nothing like planning) was NOT in the bag. Lovely. 1 hour until the photo shoot and I have no clothes for her in red to match the rest of us. So...we stopped at the mall....on the way to the photo shoot. Yes..I was that frantic shopper running into the mall, picking a dress in a minute, sweating as I paid the person, who then sprinted out. I had to dress and nurse Francie in the parking lot in ten minutes flat so that we were not late. I seriously looked like I was in menopause with hot flashes when it was our time to have our photo taken...can't wait to see how they turned out. Henry posed for NONE of the pictures and insisted on telling the photographer that no smiling was going to happen today. Charming. As you can see below, Francie continues to be the drool master - I love the stream of drool going into her lap. When we got home Henry immediately put his Blazer jersey on and went to the backyard for a serious game of soccer and golf. The video above is the interview afterwards. (One bit of background: One big theme in our house right now is the importance of protein to grow. Henry is not a big fan of meat (any kind- even chicken), beans or anything with protein. Every time he picks up fruit or vegetables, he asks with a hopeful tone ... "Does this have protein?")

3 comments:

Mr.Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

Those videos make me crack up everytime. I love the juxtaposition of Henry's serious replies with Colleen's voice, trying not to laugh. So cute! xoxo

THE BLANCO'S said...

classic...LOL! Can't wait for the christmas card