Saturday, December 6, 2008

Budva and Frankfurt


So I finally made it back home from overseas 5 days after I was supposed to be home. On the Tuesday I was in Montenegro (after I had got all my passport renewal forms filled out on Monday) I took the bus over the mountains from Podgorica to the coast. The main tourist attraction in Montenegro is Budva. I was there a little late in the season but it was a beutiful day and there were even some people swimming in the ocean. The city has an old walled town that sits right on the ocean. It also has many beaches some hidden in little bays.
The next day my passport arrived from Serbia and I was free to go. I flew out Wednsday afternoon and had an overnight layover in Frankfurt. My hotel was near the airport but I took a taxi into the city and the train back. Everyone was busy setting up Christmas decorations. I managed to find a Bavarian restaurant and had a giant stein of beer and sausage.


This guy was selling sausage on the street with his mobile grill which I thought was pretty cool.

No comments: