Sunday, October 14, 2018

When in Eugene..........

Frances had a game in Eugene....but Henry and Maggie had games in Portland.

So, Frances and I had a "date" to the fun college town for her game. In preparing I realized there was a football game that day. Ouch- traffic.

Frances LOVES to watch football. She wakes early on Sat to watch and often she has a football helmet on (her Halloween costume). 

I looked for tickets, but the game started 30 minutes after her game started and the tickets were not cheap as it was against #7 ranked Washington.

It was a gorgeous day, so I thought to bring our bikes so we could at least bike around the town and stadium before driving the 2.5 hours back.

Her game was great - they won.

We quickly got to the place where we could park and bike. Got the stadium....and then I saw a scalper trying to sell tickets. It was five minutes until the first half was over.

I got him to sell me them for 5.00 a piece.

We checked our bikes in at the bike valet and in we went.

SO MUCH FUN............ minus the really drunk people.

The bike ride back was like a drunk person version of frogger.....but we made it and my girl was overjoyed to see it in-person.




No comments: