Friday, September 28, 2018

Seawheeze Half Marathon in Vancouver

Almost  year ago I applied in a lottery to run the Lulelemon Seawheeze Half Marathon with girlfriends. I got in, they did not. Bummer.

The race was the weekend of my bday and my parents graciously offered to let me and mark go for a solo weekend.

HOLY MOLY.  That has been a while.

It was awesome.

On Friday, you check in, go shopping, do yoga, medidate, get your nails and hair done, do more yoga and race prep.


Mark went for a solo run

Then we rested and went to ONE OF THE BEST DINNERS I HAVE EVER HAD in Chinatown. WOW. WOW. WOW. As you can tell by the sneaky pic Mark took - I loved it.
Race Day was off to a bit of a bummer start. It was POURING. But, you start out, you get wet, and you move on. It is a beautiful course, the people are amazing and there is lots of fun things along the way. I loved it.






After the race we ate lunch, watch the Thorns final (sniffle sniffle), took a nap (what?!?!?!?!) and then headed to Richmond for the Night Market we read about in the NYT. So fun.




Then we had a Sunday....to ourselves.....and it wasn't rainy.

WHAT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We biked for three hours all around Stanley Park, saw my MOST favorite outdoor sculpture series EVER, took the ferry to Graneville Island, and had a pure bliss day hanging out. I do heart my sweet husband.

It was THE BEST birthday present a girl could ask for.








No comments: