Saturday, May 12, 2018

State Cup Champions

State Cup soccer in Oregon is a big deal and it was so exciting that Frances's team made it.

In the am I called from Charleston and she said she was a bit nervous. They had lost to the team before.

Well.....apparently the girls had the game of their lifetime. Frances scored the first goal and it was 3:1 at half. The game ended 5:2. Frances scored two goals and three other girls scored...which is awesome! The defense apparently was incredible and our goalie had the best game of her life. 

I was sitting in a park in Charleston eagerly awaiting the seven different texts from seven different people that i would get with each development. I may have cried with pride when I heard Frances scored and I may have did a little jump in the air when I heard the won.

So happy for her team and her coaches. They worked really hard.







No comments: