Sunday, December 10, 2017

Basketball Season Has Begun, Embracing the Moment we Have

Basketball season has started. This year Henry is playing for Lincoln with kids he will go to high school with and Frances is playing for the 5/6 Mac team......meaning the girls are a LOT taller than her. Both kids are such great leaders on their team and it was so fun to see them dive into another sport and see their grit and determination. It is also fun to see new kids on the new teams.

We had seven games this weekend....six basketball and one futsal. It is funny because when people hear that, many groan and say "aren't you sick of it, do you feel you have too much". True - we are NOT home all day and that is tough. But the benefit, is we are actually all together. I love the time in the car with the kids. We always seem to talk about fun things or listen to a good podcast. I love seeing the different parts of Portland and getting to walk Mac before or after the game in different neighborhoods. I love the time with one of the kids on the sideline...usually Maggie. This weekend she was HILARIOUS in that she brought a huge bag of chapter books. My parents and Gordon came to all of the games, so I got time with them. After the last game, out in Tualatin, Maggie and I found an adorable little shop to get her hair cut and she felt like a queen...after they got her dreadlocks out. All of this is to say, it is what we make it and we choose how we leverage and view our time. My life is so busy with work and the weekday activities, ironically jam packed weekend like these of games allow for some quality time with the kids we are taking. I am sure I will be tired and wanting a switch by Spring...trust me...every Spring break I do...but for now, I am loving it. 

Below are some picks from Rocky Butte park - which was near Henry's game. So GORGEOUS...and cold.







No comments: