Friday, August 23, 2013

Black Butte Revisted

When I was a kid we used to go to Black Butte every year, the 2nd week of August. It was always my parents anniversary week and many of my favorite summertime memories are from there. Last year Jenny and I went back and loved it and this year we got my sister Katie and her family to come and my parents. The trip was a bit different than we expected as my mom broke her leg in the Galapagos and is confined to a wheelchair. Not exactly the vision of being "on wheels" she expected, given she thought she would be riding bikes with all nine of her grandkids. The kids LOVED being with their cousins for seven days straight and I loved watching them in heaven, savoring the joys Black Butte, in the same exact way that I did when I was there age.












No comments: