Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Originals Weekend

When I received the invitation to my cousin's wedding in Sedona I thought it looked very cool. Then my mom told me that he had mentioned he really wanted our family - the Peck family- to be there.  Then my mom did something she has never done - she asked her girls if we would be willing to leave our husbands and family behind and spend a weekend with our parents. Um....YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Since my brother died, my mom has refused to take a picture of just our family as it was too painful to do without Andrew. Well....we had the MOST amazing "original" family weekend and had the best time with the Haderlein family and cousins. I feel so so so so blessed to have the family that I do and the cousins that I do. They are incredible people. We dominated the dance floor. I had THE BEST time with my sisters - they are just so cool. The the "grills" - as Andrew used to say - also loved being with our "mommy and daddy".  My dad got teary eyed when our plane landed in PDX and said "I loved a weekend being a family again". Sniffle sniffle.












No comments: