Sunday, December 16, 2012

Janis's Concert



Another favorite holiday tradition is going to Janis's holiday concert. I was particularly excited to take Maggie as she loves music and she loves Janis. As always, the music was incredible. A nine year old girl did a solo that stole the show and left all of us with tears in our eyes. I have been very intentional about waking early and getting the front page of the paper before Henry can get it (he LOVES to read the paper every morning) and not having the radio on as I haven't wanted him to know the details of what happened in CT. I have read a lot about how to talk with your children and to be honest, none of it seems right for him or for my way of parenting -- but it could be that I am still processing it. The sermon was lovely and thoughtful, but mentioned that children died and it will be interesting to see what he heard and didn't hear and what questions come up for him.  Such a sad, sad time - I was so thankful for a lovely, beautiful morning of heavenly music. 

5 comments: