Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heart Melting Moment

We went to see Santa tonight. Henry had his list -- 14 things, almost all had to do with sports -- and Frances said she didn't need a list, she would just tell Santa. Given in the past years she cried and would not actually speak to Santa, I wasn't hopeful about the process. Henry handed Santa his list and a nice long conversation about football and his favorite teams and players. Then Santa asked Frances what she wanted and this was her reply: "A water buffalo, make-up, and a Johnny jump up for my Maggie". I melted. On Monday, I was looking for the Johnny Jump up for Maggie and couldn't find it in storage. Apparently this really saddened Frances and she wanted to make sure Maggie got a present too. So sweet.

1 comment:

Samantha.Simmons said...

That is sooooo sweet! What a sweet big sister. And... a water buffalo? I'm dying!