Monday, August 8, 2011

Tyson's Wedding


Andrew's best friend from high school got married this weekend. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional day for my family. It was such a bittersweet event -- we are so happy for him and the new chapter of his life that he is starting, but at the same time so devastated that Andrew was not there to support him and that there will never be a wedding day for Andrew.We brought Maggie with us (thanks Dana for the awesome dress) and that made the poignancy of the loss even more heartfelt as it still shocks me that my children will never know one of the most important people in my life. Death sucks.

My parents continue to inspire and amaze me with their vulnerability, strength and their ability to really let themselves experience all that is life -- the tough parts and the good. They went to the wedding, even though it was really hard, because they love Tyson. They cried and they laughed....and Joanie even did some serious zumba moves on the dance floor. In some small way, I think getting to hold Maggie throughout the wedding and seeing the awe and excitement people had for her at the wedding helped my parents get through it.

Life is definitely a complex layer of emotions with happiness intertwined with sadness.


1 comment:

Mi Social Network said...

Great Blog Thanks For All The Great Info And Keep Up All The Good Work http://submitmyurl.info