Saturday, June 5, 2010

End of an Era

The last 18 months Henry has worn a number on his shirt. Every day. Lately we have been talking a lot about transitions as Henry has only a few more days left of preschool before he "graduates" to BIG TIME. On Friday morning we were talking about how it was his last day Friday of preschool. Then last night he thoughtfully looked at me and said "I think that on Monday, I won't wear a number". I must have looked stunned - mind you, no one in this year of preschool has ever seen him without a number. He explained that he could imagine a number on his shirt and then it would always be there. He said it would be fun to see how his friends reacted. I am not going to lie you, I got a little choked up. So this morning he walks downstairs, no number. I instantly got tears in my eyes. The era has ended. I think my little boy is getting a bit bigger.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwwww, what a bittersweet moment! But just think of the fashion options that will open up for him - guinea tees for instance.

dana z said...

no way! tell him lola is wearing a number today in his honor.
:)