Friday, February 19, 2010

Keeping our Day Jobs

One night in Hawaii there was a "Presidential Ball". As "el presidente" and "first lady" (what we have been calling my mom and dad for the past year), my parents were in charge of the planning. A friend of my father's (a fellow surgeon) Wright Pinson brought his band, the Soul Incisions -from Nashville, for entertainment. Dr. Pinson requested that my sisters, myself and my mom serve as "back up dancers" when they played RESPECT by Aretha Franklin. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous. My sisters and I decided to get some courage through having a LONG happy hour beforehand. My brother-in-law managed to get some footage of our performance....not gonna lie to you...I snorted multiple times watching this. For any of you that know Katie, you will be as surprised as Jenny, my mom and I are about her sudden, flamboyant nature. Guess it was all those ballet performances? Hysterical.

1 comment:

The Wells Family Antics said...

Oh the video is gone, but I HAVE to see it. Re-post!! I am sure you guys could be the next hit on You Tube!